Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

Yesterday was a good day. Church in the morning and the rest of my day with my boys. Church was interesting...we had limited power which meant NO AC. It really was not that bad until you stepped in a part of the building that did have power and AC and had to go back to the rooms that were without AC. It reminded a little of the Revivals that we used to go to in the summer under the big tents. I hope all the dads had a great day yesterday! For the dads in my life...
The first man in my life-My daddy. I am a daddy's girl. I can't say enough about him. He has always been a good provider for our family. He set an example that I only hope I can reach. He has always been there for me when times were tough in my life and he has supported me on all my adventures and he was there to pick up the pieces when my adventures left me with a broken heart. He has never given up on me. He is an amazing man, daddy and Pappa to all of his grandchildren.
To the man I married and have the privilege to parent Cooper with- Johnny. God knew exactly what he was doing when He placed Johnny in my life. Gods timing was perfect. Johnny is the opposite of me. He does not need plan, I do. He likes to go with the flow, I need structure. He worries very little, I worry a lot. He is an amazing man and an even more amazing daddy to Cooper. Cooper is so lucky to have him for a daddy. Johnny is patient with us and is already looking for ways to teach Cooper stuff. I sit and watch them together and it makes my heart so happy it could explode. What a lucky girl I am.
To the man I gained when I married Johnny- Mike. Mike is my father-in-law. Mike had accepted me as his own from day 1! Johnny is not Mike's biological child, but you would never know that. He treats Johnny just like his own and is a wonderful PawPaw to his grandchildren. Mike and I have a lot in common. We grew up in quiet homes...with smaller families. Johnny's family is huge and family gatherings can be busy and loud. I am used to it now and would not want it any other way, but I gotta tell you the first few are shockers. Mike was always to my rescue. Mike does not judge and accepts everyone for who they are and what they can offer.
Thank you to all the men in my life. I love you all so much. Happy Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment